Sunday 4 August 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Thirty Third Chain





Hello pals! Welcome to week 133 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Tucker wiv Skinny Legs by Joe Tex. Brillant linky ma lovely pal! So wot dus we dus av this week? 

@maggietkat
Joe Tex and "skinny Legs". Wow, that was a fun link. I noticed that Joe's songs were included on some sound tracks including Reservoir Dogs. Well, I seemed to recall a lot of the tunes, especially "Coconut" by Harry Nilssen. My warped mind figured that since we were doing body parts, why not throw some "coconuts" into the mix? (I hope that translates to British anatomy.) anyway, here is Nilssen doing "coconuts" from the Reservoir dogs" soundtrack.



@djladylexie
Well done Tucker ma pal. Great win. Well so anyway I looked up Joe Tex as I never heard of dis before. I like it is very funny! Ok so I found out that Joe Tex and James Brown were rivals and had a long running feud which escalated when Brown and Tex boaf performed at the same venue in Brown's hometown.Tex believed that Brown was the one who stopped Skinny Legs hittin the top spot in the charts at the time! So I fort I wonder who else has had dis type of feud. Turns out there are quite a few. One simlar to Tex Brown that caught ma attention was between Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry!Who is to know what is true and what is spin! Not me, dats for sure but ma favourite Jerry Lee Lewis tells me one fing, there's no smoke wifout fire! So, ma linky dus be Jerry Lee Lewis wif Great Balls of Fire



@terenceterrier
Well dun da Rosie Posie. Da winnin linky last week woz “Skinny Legs”. Dis made us fink of da model Twiggy. Twiggy appeared on da cover of da David Bowie albumn “Pin Ups”. For my linky I choose da track from dis album “I Can’t Explain”.





@skye613
Great song Tucker! Last week was won by Tucker with " Skinny Legs and All" . So, we have big feet and skinny legs. We put them all together with Roy Orbison"s " Oh Pretty Women" Think no link? BOL! Both Joe Tex & Roy Orbison were born in Texas in the 30's. Joe in 1935 & Roy in 1936. Link link! 




@smcheetham
So last week Tucker won with a Joe Tex song. I struggled for a bit with a link. Then I read that in later life Joe Tex converted to Islam. Another famous musician who converted to Islam was Cat Stevens. Cat. wrote a powerful and famous song The First Cut is the Deepest. The person who had the biggest hit with this song was Rod Stewart. So my link is a converts link to The First Cut is the Deepest sung by Rod Stewart. Good luck everyone and thanks for making the chain such fun.



@wonderwinger
Well done Tucker on winning with Joe Tex and his Skinny Legs and All.
Joe Tex had a habit of speaking over the background music making some credit him with being a pioneer for rap music. My link is one of the first "real" rap singles that gained chart success in the UK: Grandmaster Melle Mel with White Lines (Don't Do It).





@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…..i looked at the blog today and saw that Mr Tucker chose a song called "Skinny Legs" by Joe Tex. When I googled that song i saw that it was actually called "Skinny Legs and all"….which got me thinking about songs which have longer titles that we think they have…for example, Rock Around the Clock is actually called (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock!. So my link this week is (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones….





@bunnersandharvs
So a big old well dun to dat Tucker wot be a cleva paw fur his selkshun last week fur skinny legs. We has decided dat since we been choosin songys wid feet, legs and wot not dat we wuld just keep on goin so our choicy dis week be along da line. We going up da hooman bordy so get ready to shake your booty.... *claps paws* come on, dat's right, we goin wid KC & da Sunshine Band's songy - Shake Your Booty. Come on get dem booty bots a shakin... BOL! 




@freddie_bt
Last week's winner wuz da entertainin "Skinny Legs n All" in which Joe Tex ruminates on da subject of acceptance or lack of it dwessed up in a jokey luk at people avin a partner dat wuz da wrong size or shape or any other reason real or imagined fer findin fault wiv em n bein dissatisfied wiv em. Our linky luks at da contrastin situashun in which someone unexpectedly finds an irresistible attraction, while also touchin on da bleaker aspects of life fer some. Ere's a gawjuss slice of Southern hip-hop fwom da bwilliant OutKast, clever lyrics beautifully delivered on top of a fantastic arrangement n wiv a title dat Mary Poppins would be pwoud of, "SpottieOttieDopaliscious".





@diamondbertie
The last two weeks were mens singing critically about ladies physical attributes, I scratched my head and thought if there were songs by ladies criticising mens attributes, well none that were suitable for the public. Then I remembered Peggy Seeger singing The Housewife's Alphabet, though not critical of men per se however its a good warning of the trap we set ourselves. It makes me laugh/smile everytime. (Lexie: could only put in the cover version for some reason but the Peggy Seeger song is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNB8YCSTUPc).




An da winner ............... as chosen by Tucker.............. dus be ........... Maggie (@maggietkat) Well dun ma pal. Oh an dat means you will be selectin the winner next week.

Ere wot Tucker said bowt it: 
Me does hab me decision! Me choose Linky #1 Coconut By Harry Nilsson. Good link and we lubs da song (eben if we did not know it was on soundtrack ob Reservoir Dogs). It bery funny! All da linkies was good and me sorry to say me not knowed Housewife's Alphabet by Peggy Seeger and me could not get a working linky to dat one so me sorry. We does like Peggy Seeger too. 

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 11th August 2013 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment