Wednesday 1 June 2016

Lexie's Chain: The Two Hundred and Seventy Eighth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 278 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner was Terence wiv Brothers In Arms from Dire Straits. Let's see what we got this week:

@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week we had a song by Dire Straits…this was a band who were formed in 1977…unbelievably there is a Wikipedia page dedicated to bands formed in 1977…and more unbelievably we read there that 90s mega-band INXS were actually formed as far back as 1977…wow. So this week our link is Mystify by Inxs…!!




@diamondbertie
Last week @Terenceterrier won with Dire Straits and Eric Clapton helping singing Brothers in Arms, I wanted a link that would remind us of the horror of the conflict which creates a bond like no other.  My choice is Mash a haunting theme it was a tragi/comic film, the words were haunting too.




@cloonfourmegan
Terence did win with Dire Straits and Brothers in Arms. This song makes us think of comradeship and this week we have lost one of our most lovely Twitter comrades so Val mum of @lucyyellowlab this is for you.




@maggietkat
Well done Terence with dire straits "brothers in arms". Dire straits saved the 80's IMHO. I am going with the arms or body parts link. The Bellamy Brothers wrote a runaway country hit titled "if I had a beautiful body would you hold it against me". There are so many vids of this chart that I thought I'd choose one of my favorites by Derek Jacob from Last Tango in Halifax.




@sonikebt
Well done Sir Tel for a lovely link last week and a bit of Dire Straits with "Brothers in Arms". This song was about the Falklands War and was used in the film Spy Game starring Brad Pitt and Robert Redford. The composer Harry Gregson-Williams who wrote the score for the Spy Game also worked with Aardman Animations on the films Chicken Run and Flushed Away.  Aardman's most famous characters were Wallace and Gromit so our link this week is their theme tune by Julian Nott.




@djladylexie
My linky is Sting! Brothers in Arms was recorded in Montseratt. Sting appears on the track Money for Nothing. Many British artists have recorded albums in Montseratt, a caribbean island in the err ... caribbean! These include Dire Straits, Police, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins and more. In 1997 the island was devastated by a volcano and many musicians joined together to raise funds desperately needed. The concert was called Music for Montserrat. The Police performed Message in a bottle at the concert and a message in a bottle is what you send when you is stuck on an island. Message In A Bottle - Police. Fanx.




@wotterface
Last weeks winner was dire straits with a song about brothers so I thought about family, Moms and Dads and brothers and sisters and sons and...

Daughter with Youth.



An da winner as chosened by @terenceterrier dus be ................................. @cloonfourmegan Valeria from da Zutons. Yay! Well done me pal. You be choosin next week.

Ere wot Tel said: Wowser some very clever linkies dis week n luvvly toons. I woz very impressed wiv da reasoning in numba 6 but sorry my pal I canny pick one sung by sumwun wot bears a strikin resemblance to Freddie Starr. My winna is linky 3 – Valerie by The Zutons. Just becos ....

So it's over to you. Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until 5th June 2016 (gets it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment