Wednesday 19 April 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Twenty Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 324 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Skye wiv Tiger Mount Peasant Song from Fleet Foxes. Let see what we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done, Lexie! I am taking off on your folk song link and go to bluegrass. There have been many versions, including Bob Dylan and Ginger Baker, of this folk tune but you may recognize mine from the movie, O Brother Where Art Though.?  My link is , Man of Constant Sorrow.




@diamondbertieSkye Waulking song by Capercaillie was last week's winner my choice is keeping to tradition and folk songs. Bob Saget singing An Old English Folk Song.





@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie….last week your winner carried on the Scottish theme with another song about Skye….it seems to me that the biggest  thing on the mind of our Scottish pals at the moment is their own independence …so this week our linky is a song about independence….Independence Day by Bruce Springsteen….



@terenceterrier
Larst week da svelte Lexie winned wiv "Sky Waulking song" by Capercaillie who be a Scottish folk band wot sing traditional Gaelic songs n fings. So for my linky to even fings up I looks for a traditional English folk ballad n chooses "Scarborough Fair" cos for sake of linkiness it has links to old Scottish ballad "The Elfin Knight". I gives yoo da Simon n Garfunkel long vershun wiv lyrics to enjoy.



@cloonfourmegan
Oooh I scratched my head to fink of Linky to your winning entry last week of Skye Waulking Song. In the end I chooses another Scottish song about wa(u)lking but not the beating tweed variety but the one you does wiv your legs.




@sonikebt
Congrats @Dogstoyevsky for winning the link with the "Skye Waulking Song" by Capercaillie sung by Karen Matheson, who lives in the same town as us.  We have chosen a song which was inspired by a local, unusual rock formation called Auld Wives Lift by a band which shares our town's name. Our link is "Auld Wives" by Bear's den.




An da winner as chosen by ............... dad ...................... dus be .............................. Sonic!! Yay well done me pal.

Ere wot dad said: Auld Wives interesting link. This is my choice.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 24th April 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment