Sunday 22 October 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Fiftieth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 350 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Tel wiph Let's Dance from David Bowie and Freddy Mercury.  Let's see wot we gots this week:

@diamondbertie
Well done Terence with with winning Lets Dance with Tina Turner and David Bowie and lovely happy song, but I was a little sad too because it showed what an amazing talent David Bowie had. In the spirit of fun my choice is a real foot tapper. The intro to the TV series Happy Days, were we ever that innocent?




@skye613
So Sir Terence wins again! Woo Hoo! Going with duets today. Bowie & Tina Turner are both well known & famous. Only one member of this duet is famous but I couldn't resist. Not only is this the first time he's performed in public, he also wrote the song. Pink & her Dad. " I Have Seen The Rain"





@maggietkat
Well done T with let’s dance featuring David Bowie and Tina Turner. I love both artists but it is an unusual pairing. I remembered another odd pairing, Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa. Here they are doing “Cheek to Cheek” (dancing is the second link).






@cloonfourmegan
Last week Sir Terence won with Tina Turner and David Bowie and Let's Dance. In that song there is a line 'put on your red shoes' . So who else wore red shoes well Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and here is Judy Garland singing Follow The Yellow Brick Road.





@djladylexie
Nice duet that one. There's blinkin loads of em! Tina wiv Bryan, Bryan wiv Barbra (Streisand), David with Freddie, Freddie wiv Montserrat. Hmmm wot to dus! Well for me is no brainer. Me goin wiv opera linky. What? Ang on but how? Well, Bowie's song was Changes was used in the Chicago rock opera Changes. Prolly one of the greatest rock singers ever was Freddie Mercury. Freddie sang wiv opera singer Montserrat wiv da fantastic Barcelona. There you goes. Opera be me linky see?





@claptonterrier (Tel didn't see this one I finks)
Hello Miss Lexie….last week our winner was Sir Terence and the song “lets Dance”…that made us think about songs about dancing….and then thinking about the dance called the Mashed Potatoes…we never quite understood why it was called that….but we are delighted to find that the dance has its own song…so this week our linky is Dee Deee Sharp and The Mashed Potatoe Time*!





An da winner as chosen by ............... Tel ...................... dus be  .............................. Skye! Yay. You choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot El Tel said: Ee by gum eck wot duss I choose ? I duss appawceat a well thought owt linky cos dat wot dat chainy all abowt. But I also likes a luvvly songy. When I read da linkies I woz sure it would be linky 5 cos wot winned cos it be very clever linky. I thought linky 2 be runner Up. Bowf followed da duet link. But afta I listens to dem all I chooses Pink wiv her Dad singing " I Have Seen The Rain" cos it be such a purrty song. 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 23rd October 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment