Tuesday 31 October 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Fifty Second Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 352 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was me wiph The Living Years from Mike an der Mechanics.  Let's see wot we gots this week:

@terenceterrier
Gawd help us dis be hard ! Clever Lexie winned da chainy wiv "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics. Dis luvvly song tells us dat we can't tell fambly fings once dey dead so should while dey alive. But dat not rilly true cos on Halloween ( wot be tomorrow) da veil between dis werld n da spirit werld be very thin n can be parted n dey come to visit us. Dey do say to set an extra place at da table so dey can join yoo . So for my linky I gives yoo "Beyond The Veil " by Lindsey Stirling.




@skye613
Congrats to Lexie and Hi Dad! The beautiful " The Living Years" was written by Mike Rutherford & B.A.Robertson about their fathers who they had both lost & had unresolved issues. The loss of a father, to a son, is heartbreaking. But the loss of a son to a father maybe even more so. My link this week " Tears In Heaven" Eric Clapton wrote it for a movie but has said that it is about losing his son, Conor. 


@claptonterrierHello Miss Lexie…last week our winner was a song by Mike & The Mechanics…I am not sure we ever really liked that band…so this week we are recommending a song about a superior type of car that would mean you would never need to hear from The Mechanics again…our linky this week is “Little Red Corvette” by Prince!




@diamondbertie
Not the best link but I still submit it because it has a similar snappy background beat, I found both so haunting, so here goes my choice is .....    drum roll .....Roger Whittaker s River Lady, I defy anyone listening to this song and not get a tear in there eye so indulge me and enjoy.




@maggietkat
Well done (cough) Lexie with Mike and the Mechanics doing Living Years. It reminded me of my friends and family coping with dementia.  I know this song has been on top100 lists and overplayed, but there is something about Elvis Costello's voice that describes the anguish for both the aging and the family.  Here is “Veronica”. 





@sonikebt
Lovely song last week from Lexie with “The Living Years” by Mike & the Mechanics. We are going to stay with the Dad theme this week & choose the song that our Grandpa used to sing as his party piece. So we give you “Ae Fond Kiss” sung by the lovely Karen Matheson.




An da winner as chosen by ............... me dad ...................... dus be  .............................. Bertie. Well done me pal! You be choosing next week.

Ere wot the Dad said: Flippin eck this week is very hard they are all fantastic. Let me see *thinks* flippin eck! Ok, if I can just pick your mum up off the floor from bleeden crying here we go. They are all really great links. I was a big fan of Elvis Costello, and that's a great tune. I like number 1 for the link to all hallows eve. I like 3, oh and I don't like Mike and the Mechanics either! Your Mum was going on about Karen Matheson as she loves Capercaillie and Karen. The EC link is a lovely song and very moving.

Sooo after much deliberation I must say that any song with ships in it is going to win for me. So I'm going with Roger Whittaker and River Lady. Might have that on the speakers when we next sail Atlantis! 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on 6th November 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment