Saturday 28 October 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Fifty First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 351 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Skye wiph Pink an her dad When I See The Rain.  Let's see wot we gots this week:

@maggietkat
Well done Skye! I decided to go with rain and a duet.  This is Bob Seger and John Fogerty singing “Who'll stop the rain”.



@claptonterrier
Last week our winner was a duet between a daughter and her father...so we googled some songs about fathers...and our first link took us to a list of songs to be played on Father's Day...and you will never guess what the song at the top of the list was....Pap Dont Preach by Madonna....!! BOL and DOUBLE BOL... Anyhoo, it has to be our linky this week for that reason alone...




@terenceterrier
Larst week pal Skye winned da chainy wiv "I have seen the rain" sung by Pink n her Dad. So duss I look for annuva daughter / father combination? Frank n Nancy ? NAH dunnit before. Father and son combination praps? Yup I 'm on to it . "Father and Son" was written n sung originally by Cat Stevens. Later he changed his name to Yusuf. For my linky I gonna use dis song but keeping wiv da duet link again n dis time  use a vershun with a younger sprog Ronan Keating singing with Yusuf.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Skye won wiv Pink and her dad singing When I see the rain. Pinks Dad James Moore wrote the song when he was serving in the Vietnam war. So we pick this song which was perhaps the most definitive Vietnam anti war song Barry McGuire Eve of Destruction.




@diamondbertie
Well done Skye, winning with I Have Seen The Rain. My choice is Billy Joel with Goodnight Saigon, why? the Vietnam connection turned my mind to this one.




@djladylexie
Well done Skye wiv dat Pink and her dad song. I'm going wiv songs about dads. Pink had the chance to sing wiv her dad but some never get the chance to tell our dads how wonderful they is. Me hudad is da bestest and I'm gonna tell him now *runrunrun* ok I ia back. This song is for all those that never got the chance. Mike and the Mechanics and The Living Years.




@sonikebt
Well done @syke613 for winning last week with “I have seen the rain” by Pink & her Dad. Our favourite song by our favourite band about our most favourite place in the world is about rain. Our link this week is “Tinseltown in the rain” by The Blue Nile.



An da winner as chosen by ............... Skye ...................... dus be  .............................. oh bum is me again so me dad dussin the choosin.

Ere wot Skye said: Such great choices this week and one of my faves. Numbers 1 & 3 very close, but number 6 wins. Great way to link and a beautiful tune. 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 30th October 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment