Thursday 1 March 2018

Lexie's Chain : The Three Hundred and Sixty Ninth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 369 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was Megan wiph The Rutles and It Must Be Love. Let's see what we got this week:

@limeoscar

So last week’s winner was The Rutles, I Must Be In Love from Dame Megan.  Originally created as parody of The Beatles by Eric Idle & Neil Innes for a tv sketch, The Rutles went on to have hits as an actual group, with Neil providing vocals, piano and guitar.  Prior to this Neil was also a pivotal member, as a vocalist and multi-instrumentalist, of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. So this week we give you our linky which does probably be their best known work: I’m the Urban Spaceman.





@maggietkat
Well done Megan with the Rutles I must be in love.  There is nothing better than the unconditional love of a dog. I chose a tv band who turned into the real thing, picking up on the spoof. Here are the Monkees with I'm gonna buy me a dog. 




@terenceterrier
Larst week Lady Megan win wiv " I must be in love" by The Rutles. Eric Idle woz in that group. He be best known for being in Monty Python's Flying Circus. They made a film called "The Life Of Brian". In dat film he sing da song "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" . Dat song is often chosen to be played at funerals. Mum's younger brother Brian died in January and da funeral is in March. So for my linky I choosing the singalong vershun ( I fink from da video it woz recorded at da Royal Albert Hall / The Proms ) so yoo can all singalong for Brian.

0


@djladylexie
Hehe love dat linky Lady Megan. Well, The Rutles was a parody of The Beatles as we dus know. They produced a mockumentary called All You Need Is Cash. There has been a number of mockumentaries over da years, one of me favourites dus be This is Spinal Tap.  One of their songs dus be Big Bottom. Probably one of the greatest rock bands ever also dun a song about bottoms so here be me linky - bottoms! I gives you Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen.




An da winner ............ as chosened by Megan ..................... dus be ..............................Terence. ! Yay well done me pal! You choosin next week.

Ere wot Megan said:  These be most interesting linkys and we do have learned some new fings. We does have to choose Linky No 3 which be one of our favourite songs and we sing it loud for Brian.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on 4th March 2018 (ges it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment