Monday 25 June 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Seventy-Seventh Chain





Hello pals! Welcome to Week 77 of #lexieschain. Dis week, after a slight hiccup, was down to Bunners and Harvs to choose. Last week was Robbie Williams and My Way. Let's see wot happened this week!

@bvfeyj
Okay, so after all ob da confusion if me got dis right we hab “My Way” by Robbie Williams. Da name Robbie Williams does make me fink ob Robin Williams which remind me ob da wunnerful mobie “Good Morning Vietnam” which hab an outstanding soundtrack. Me chose “Five O'Clock World” by The Vogues cuz it a great song & dese guys is from Pittsburgh! Dey still does free concerts here in da summertime! (Dey do dis song & lots ob uvver ones & dey still sounds good!)




@icypinklemonade
Robbie Williams also does a song called radio... When I saw Radio, the lyric "listen to the AM radio" came into my head! So I submit "AM Radio" by everclear.





@rettetkaninchen
New York by Nina Hagen. Why? Nina Hagen also covered "My Way" like Robbie Williams did. It was also one of the big hits of Frank Sinatra. Another of his hits was "New York, New York". That links back to Nina's song. 




@djladylexie
Ok … I'm finkin, I'm finkin … Right … Robbie Williams sang My Way wot is a song written for Frank Sinatra by Paul Anka. Paul Anka wrote the song just for Fraink Sinatra coz he was all me me me, my my my so he fort it was funny that he was always talking about himself in a big way. Dis be like someone who fink they are somfink special a cut above everyone else. So My Way is in a way about bein vain. Finkin bowt dat also made me fink of da Carly Simon song You're So Vain wot is sposed to be about annuva musical partnership wot was the subject of vanity – her record label boss David Gaffen. Phew!



@diamondbertie

Here I am nice and early, last weeks links were amazing, talk about great minds thinking alike. Robbie Williams sand My Way which as we know was Frank Sinatra's so I chose It Was a Very Good Year by Frank Sinatra which was also sung by Robbie Williams.




@wonderwinger
A super win last week by Bunbury & Harvey *much appaws*. Well done boys!
Last week we had My Way to which i say, woofing as a terrier who knows what she wants and when she wants it "There's No Other Way" by Blur.




@terenceterrier
My linky for dis week is “My Generation” by The Who to follow on from “My Way” by Robbie Williams. We came up wiv lotsa reasons. Both hav “My” in the title. Both songs have a similar theme in the lyrics. Roger Daltrey lead singer in The Who has lovely twinkly eyes like Robbie. Enuf sed!





@patchdacat
Last week winning linky was “My Way” by Robbie Williams so I looks for annuver singing Robbie & finds Robson Green who wiv his actor pal Jerome Flynn did have a big no 1 hit when they sung “Unchained Melody” which I chose as my linky



Dis extra snippety bit explains how it came about. Tis funny.



@kelsoterrier
Ok, a link to My Way by Robbie Williams. My Way has been covered many times by many artists but I personally like The Sex Pistols version the best. The Sex Pistols were a punk band who inspired many artists and one of these was Tom Robinson. As we all know it's either My Way or The Highway! The Highway is an American name for our Motorway so my link this week is 2 4 6 8 Motorway by The Tom Robinson Band.




@marleyterrier
We see that in lyrics to my way they is referrin to travellin each an every highway..so we duss fink that be difficult to do espeshully if the highway do be the highway to hell...



An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @bunnersandharvs ..... dus be  ........ @kelsoterrier wiv  2 4 6 8 Motorway! Nice linky Kels an dat put you in da lead of Da Chain Game! Fort I just say ....  I was a close second wiv Bertie a close third!!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Kelso.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 1 July 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment