Sunday 17 June 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Seventy-Sixth Chain

IMPAWTANT NOTE! IMPAWTANT! I GOT IT WRONG AN COCKED UP .. (again). Oh no I misread Patch's email and fort he said Radio by Robbie Williams wot was @wonderwinger. Wot he akchewly said was My Way by Robbie Williams from @bunnersandharvs. Apologies apologies pals so I am sorry Briar but I has to give da win to Bunners and Harvs in da interests of fair play. Please forgive me!



Hello pals! Welcome to Week 76 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Patch to choose. Last week was Duran Duran and My Way.

 Let's see wot happened this week!
@terenceterrier
My linky for this week to follow on from "My Own Way" by Duran Duran is "My Way" by Ol' Blue Eyes Frank Sinatra. The song titles are similar and the singer in DD has blue eyes & so does Frank.




@wonderwinger
My Own Way by Duran Duran to which I'll be linking Radio by Robbie Williams. Why so, I hear you woof/miaow/snuffle...both have worked with Mark Ronson, Duran Duran on All You Need is Now & Robbie Williams on Rudebox. Well, this song was co written & produced by Stephen "Tin-Tin" Duffy one of the original founding members of Duran Duran. Also, both (lexie edit) somfink somfink somfink ... sorry i lost that bit!!












@bunnersandharvs
choosin da linky dis week has been a hard for dese paws but we decided to go wid da songy wong 'My Way but da modern vershun sung by Robbie Williams *does dance around* We dus it our way.... la la la doot dee da da... hee hee...






@bvfeyj
Duran Duran is almost as well known fur bideo as music. Dey was groundbreaking on MTV wiv professional directors & dey hab not only music bideos fur dey songs, but dey hab concert films and documentaries too, and wuz one ob da first to incorporate bideo into dere stage performances. Eben so, long before Duran Duran or MTV dis band did innovative bideo stuff dat hadn't been done before, so me does pick The Monkees wif I Wanna Be Free.







@diamondbertie
I bet I'm too late! Blame the sunshine, however, I shall submit  My Way by Frank Sinatra. Why The title is so similar at this rushed after thought that's what popped into my head.






@djladylexie
Duran Duran My Own Way video to go wiv da song was by the film director Russell Mulcahy. He also did successful videosfor similar bands in the 80's. This included the band Supertramp รข€¦ so my choice dus be Goodbye Stranger by Supertramp.




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @patchdacat ..... dus be  ........ @bunnersandharvs with Robbie Williams an My Way Sorry Briar!!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you bunners an harvs.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 24 June 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment