Monday 4 June 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Seventy-Fourth Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to Week 74 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to Patch to choose. Last week we ad Rabbit Rabbit by Chas N Dave. Let's see wot happened this week!

@terenceterrier and
@diamondbertie
For my linky to carry on from “Rabbit Rabbit” I am going to persevere wiv da wabbit theme. I select “Run Rabbit Run” by Flanagan & Allan.




@wonderwinger
A marvellous first win last week for @patchdacat , an inspiration to all those who ever thought about giving up...  Now then Chas n Dave played on the Labi Sifre track I Got The. Labi Sifre wrote the song It Must Be Love which was performed by Madness. The boys from Madness were renowned for their sense of fun just like Chas n Dave.





@parkerskat
I listened to the Rabbit song, hoping I could get some dinner. All I found was it was about a lady who talked too much, not furry rabbits at all. Hmph. So I recalled a fabulous Albert Collins tune, "Master Charge". Not only is this about ladies talking, it is about their spending. The blues picking by the Ice Man is outstanding.




@djladylexie
Okay … Chas N Dave played on Labi Sifre track. Eminem sampled that track, Eminem also sampled Dido's Thank You on his song Stan. Dido is the sister of Rollo who is da front man an creator of Faithless. So my linky is Faithless wiv Insomnia.





@bunnersandharvs
Patch da Cat did choose a very tough linky fur us paws but well done to him for such an excellent selekshun.... So now, we dun decided to go wid a singy song wot is called 'Trust Me To Open My Mouth by Squeeze. We made dis selekshun because dey (Squeeze) was influenced by da Chase & Dave and well also cause der songy was about da Rabbit which acshully was about some woman who kept on talking so we thort dat Squeeze singing about dem not being able to shut da big fat mouthy made da linky for us paws dis week. Hee hee!



@marleyterrier
i see Patch did be choosin a song called Rabbit....which is meanin torkin in Cockernee so we did fink bout other songs we kno bout torkin and altho it do B a bit close 2 ome we duss make R choice ths week Talkin Blues by Bob Marley.

@rettetkaninchen
My name is by Eminem. Why? Chas & Dave perfromed on the song "I Got The" of Labi Siffre. Eminem took the hook of this song for his "My name is".




@kelsoterrier
Ok, last week's winner was Chas & Dave with Rabbit. Chas & Dave are from Landaan and often use Cockney Rhyming slang in their songs. Rabbit for example means to talk a lot and comes from Rabbit & Pork...Talk. Another band from London who talk a lot are Talk Talk. So my song choice this week is my favourite Talk Talk song "It's my life". So there you go a London link and a talking link, roll up, roll up, two for the price of one, apples and pears, apples and pears :-)




@bvfeyj
Okay, because Chas & Dave did open for Led Zeppelin at the Knebworth Festival in 1979, me duz suggest da “Immigrant Song” by Led Zeppelin. (Mom say dat it her faborite tho me say Mom more like “Dazed & Confused” most ob da time!) We duz boaf think that “peace and trust can still win the day”!





@rosieterrier
Well done to Patchy. Dis week I feel a Jubilee theme and so from Chas n Dave's 'rockney' I have to say my linky be 'I'm Henry the eighth I am' by the original cockney croonster Harry Champion. So everyfur-paws in braces, knees up n sing-a-long.




An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @patchdacat  ..... dus be  ........ @kelsoterrier wiv Talk Talk an It's My Life. Yay! Annuva great win ma pal.

So get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Kelso.

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 10 June 2012. Sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment