Sunday 30 December 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Second Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 102 of #lexieschain - the final chain of 2012. So lets see wot we gots dis week.

@kelsoterrier
Last week we had The Mamas & The Papas with Dedicated to the one I love. Cass Elliot of the M&P's died in 1974 in the bedroom of a flat at 9 Curzon Place in London. Bizarrely Keith Moon of The Who also died in this very room 4 years later! The property was owned by singer Harry Nilsson. I think Harry Nilsson was probably dedicating his version of "Without You" to they one he loved because in it he sings that he "can't live if living is without you". So my link this week is Harry Nilsson and "Without You". (Ed Lexie: Thanks for makin mum blub!!)




@terenceterrier
The linky to follow iz “Dedicated to the one I love” by the Mamas & the Papas. The linky I am choosin iz dedicated to those who lost their lives at the Hillsborough football disaster. It also follow the family theme – mama – papa – bruvver. This is the last lexieschain linky of 2012 and my linky is the last no 1 record of 2012. So my linky be The Justice Collective’s Hillsborough Tribute “He Ain’t Heavy He’s my Brother”. (Ed Lexie: Thanks for makin mum blub again!!)




@diamondbertie
Here is my link. I choose California Dreaming sung by David Hasselhoff. Why? last weeks winner was This Is Dedicated To The One I Love, they also sang California Dreaming. Good luck everyone and a happy new year. (Ed Lexie: Thanks for makin mum remember how she used to fancy the Hoff!!!)






@claptonterrier
Last week Patch chose a song by the Mamas and the Papas. Their most famous song is probably California Dreamin which is about walking on a cold winter's day in London and wishing they were back home where it is sunny and warm. We sympathise with that as the rain hammers down outside our window and so we choose another song about being back in California. This one is Back to California by Carol King.



@bunnersandharvs
Patch we is so proud you did win Lexie's chain last week and says your da Mammas and Pappas sang some paw tapping stuff but our linky is gonna be very simple dis week. We is going with your theme of ones we luvs and says we is thinking bout so many we has lost and loves which makes us think of da songy Auld Lang Syne. cause we will always remember our pals wot we lost but loves and will never be forgot which means we is dedicating dis to da ones we loves! (Ed Lexie: And here we go with the blubbing again!)





@djladylexie
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby dat is from da song This Is Dedicated To The One I Love. Course, as we dus know  Whisprin also associated wiv gossipin an can lead to all sorts of fings. Just ask George Michael he knows! Well he said so In dat song Careless Whisper. So dat is ma linky – careless whisper.




@bvfeyj
Last week @patchdacat did win wif The Mamas and The Papas "Dedicated to the One I Love". Me did fink for a second ob just going wif da lub fing and just picking anuvver lub song, but me not wanted to do dat. So me did look fur some fing else fur link and found dat briefly before dey was Mamas and Papas dey was The Magic Cyrcle. Dey not liked da name so dey did change it, but dat did gib me linky to anuvver band called The Cyrkle. Dat name and da spelling was finked up by John Lennon ob da Beatles. (me fink none ob da 1960s bands could spell!) . Dey did hab dere biggest hit in 1966, da year before The Mamas and The Papas "Dedicated to the One I Love". It was called "Red Rubber Ball". Dat sound like my kind ob song me fink! (me does lub to play ball) so dat is my linky! 



@wonderwinger
Well done Patchy paws with your Christmas pressie lexieschain win. Today, I looked outside for inspawration fir my linky and shock horror it was sunny. Before I could reach for my sunshades the linky was as obvious as Boris Johnson's ping pong prowess.

The Mamas and The Papas were managed and produced by Lou Adler. Lou Adler did a beautiful rendition on the harmonica of the Gerschwin classic "Summertime". This song was also a hit for the lovely Janis Joplin and it is her version that shall be my linky. The Mamas and The Papas wrote their song "Pearl" as a tribute to Joplin after her tragic death.



@Smcheetham (new player welcome welcome!)
Hi chain suggestion is Ewan McColl The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face the link being its by Kirsty's Dad and is a lovely song.




@rosieterrier
Last week was a song dedicated to the one I love. I have been finking and finking about this and at the risk of upsetting my mama I have taken this theme and chosen 'Rump Steak Serenade' by Fats Waller cos I am dedicated to lovin steak. Nommms..........Droooools.




So, da winner dis week .... as chosen by @patchdacat  ... dus be ..... @bunnersandharvs wiv Auld Lang Syne. A bootiful number that. Yay! Well done ma pals Harvs And Lord P!!  

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Harvs! The first chainy of 2013!

Now that is the year over, so dussnt forget 11th January 2013 we be avin our awards ceremony so you will have to wait til then to find out who dun what!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 6 January 2013. Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment