Sunday 2 December 2012

Lexie's Chain: The Ninety-Ninth Chain



Hello pals! Welcome to Week 98 of #lexieschain. Dis week was down to @patchdacat to choose. Last week we did av Mr. Tambourine Man from The Byrds. Let's see wot happened this week!

@bvfeyj
Da Byrds, Bob Dylan and Mr. Tambourine man. You got to luff dis! But, oh my dog! how to pick a linky when dere so many possibilities? Me trying to decide dis when me did hear “I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade into my own parade” and me start finkin’ bout parades and dat bring to mind da marching bands and me fink dat before dis Mr. Tambourine Man, dere was da Music Man! Da Music Man not hab da little tambourine- he hab 76 Trombones! So dat is me linky dis week. 76 Trombones by Robert Preston in The Music Man.




@terenceterrier
The original Bob Dylan recording of “Mr Tambourine Man” was on the album “Bringing It All Back Home. So for my linky I choose another track from it which be “It’s all over now Baby Blue”.





@marleyterrier
Patch was chosen a famuss song last week by the Byrds but as most furs know the song was written by Bob Dylan. Mr Dylan did not sing songs by many other people on his records but he was sum times doin em when he played live. He did a nice song called Willin' which was originully by one of our favrit bands called Little Feat. We do offer up for selekshun this week a live vershun of that song. We likes the chorus of it cos it do say ow we feel about keeping on wiv life no matter wot be frown at you wiv just a few simple fings you like….



@kelsoterrier

Last week's winner was Mr Tambourine Man by The Byrds. The Byrds originated from Los Angeles and were most active in the 60's & 70's. What do Birds (Byrds) eat? Bread of course. Bread was the name of a band who were also from Los Angeles & who were also most active in the 60's & 70's. If only they sang a song that linked to Mr Tambourine Man....hmm, well what about their hit with a musical instrument man link called The Guitar Man? That it! My link is Bread with The Guitar Man.




@bunnersandharvs
Last week Patch did have a good linky Mr Tambourine Man by The Byrds and it wus written by Bob Dylan wot did also sing it. So we did be reading sum humans says dat songy was about drugs but udders says it has also been intawpawted as a symbol for Jesus Christ and for the Pied Piper of Hamelin so says Wikipedia. So instead of using JC we is goin to use our linky to be the Pied Piper which wus sang by da group wot is called Jethro Tull and da songy is called da Pied Piper! Tada!! 





@rosieterrier
Hmmmm, dis week I make a quick link for the chainy. I figure that the band The Byrds is like the birds in the sky so I think of bands named after anipals. I do choose the great Skunk Anansie with the beautiful song 'Weak'.



@wonderwinger
Well done @patchdacat for giving us Mr Tambourine Man. The Byrds influenced many bands one of these was REM. In the early/mid eighties REMs type of music was termed "jangle pop". A term derived from the lyrics of Mr Tambourine Man.

REM covered The Byrds single "So you want to be a Rock Star" and played with McGuinn in concert. However, my link this week shall be my fav REM hit of the era: It's The End Of The World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine). A song is the tradition of another Bob Dylan song "Subterranean Homesick Blues".





@diamondbertie
Tambourine Man was was last weeks winner. I propose The Carnival is Over by the Seekers. Why? Tambourines remind me of Carnivals, both songs so pretty and so sad.




@djladylexie
I dus choose The Vagabond by Air. Why? Jeff Beck wrote da lyrics and sings it on their album 10,000 hertz. Jeff Beck wrote a song called Black Tambourine AN was also in a band called The Yardbirds along wiv Clapton and Page. so .. Birds and Tambourines is ma linky! (editors note: can't find the video so aded this one instead)





An the winner dis week .... as chosen by @patchdacat  ... dus be ..... @marleyterrier wiv  Little Feat and Willin. Yay! Well done ma pal. 

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Marley! 

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 9 December 2012. Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment