Sunday 3 February 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Seventh Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 105 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner wos @claptonterrier wiv Counting Crows wiv Mr Jones. So lets see wot we got dis week. 

@skye613d
Congrats to @Claptonterrier. Brilliant link with the Counting Crows. In the video for this song they show a stone monument. The "Whovian " in me instantly screamed Don't Blink. So my link this week is Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney.



@baxter_man
Well dun two Claptun and wat a lovlee song Mr Jones by Counting Crows bee. I starts at Dat fer me entrie dis week. I gets Pa's help and he says dat da firstest Mr Jones he heers of was Davy Jones of da Monkees fame. His favorite Monkees song bee I'm a Believer wat we all no was in da movie Shrek but sung by Smash Mouth Dat time.

But anyway, on da soundtrack waz Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, a masterpiece by da way. We den find Dat he do a cover of Sounds of Silence like a poem





My entry fer lexieschain dis week bee Paul Simon singing Sound of Silence fer da 9/11 annaverseree, very moving I fought!



@smcheetham
Morning Lexie chain suggestion time again. Well done to Clapton Terrier last week a worthy winner. It's the Mr Jones link that got me thinking this week. A very famous Mr Jones is if course Tom Jones. One of his biggest hits was What's New Pussy Cat. Of course cats are not as good as dogs but they are not too bad. So my choice for this week is what's New Pussy Cat by Mr Tom Jones. 



@bunnersandharvs
Well dun to da Clapton Terrier for his very furst win on da Lexieschainy! We had some proud paws in dis house for you. So we been thinking away about dem crows wot count and da songy Mr Jones but it isn't gonna be a surprise dat we doing wid an easee linky Sheryl Crow.

Why? Cause not only does she have da same last name, she did do background singy winging for da Counting Crows on da album Hard Candy's song American Girls. And, Mr Jones was kinda about wanting to be happy wid a girl so we going wid da songy 'All I wanna do'. Hit it, cauz dis ain't no disco, dis be LA.... 




@borderpup
Hmm, we has to fink of a link from Mr Jones by Counting Crows ... Well we did look them up and found out that there are different theories about the meaning of the lyrics to this song. It seems it may have been about wanting to be famous, but in later years the band changed some of the lyrics when they were singing it on tour, and they also included the first verse from “So you want to be a rock ‘n’ roll star” by The Byrds many times. So this more cynical look at fame is what we’re going wiv and a song that is very much to the point about that is “Rock ‘n’ Roll Star” by Oasis.




@terenceterrier
Hmmm I wotches the subtitles of the Counting Crows track & spotted da werds “Bob Dylan” flash past. So I chooses “Mr Tambourine Man” wot he wrote but as recorded by The Byrds who be annuver group wiv a birdie name.




@bvfeyj
Clever Clapton did leave us searching for linky to Mr. Jones by Counting Crows. Now it seem to me dat da hardest part ob #lexieschain ebery week is picking ONE ob all da possible linkies out dere. (Well, dat is unless you win and den hab to pick da next winner... DAT is da hardest part ob da whole game!) But back to dis week and da linky... Mr. Jones was from da first album by Counting Crows and was dere first hit song. Earlier dat same year dey did fill in for Van Morrison at da Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and played a cover ob Morrison’s “Caravan”. Counting Crows does say dat Van Morrison is one ob da influences ob deyse music and Van Morrison’s first hit song from his first solo album (after he played wif da band Them) is me linky! Me gib you “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison. (Dis da uncensored version dat say *gasp, blush* “making love”.) Dis came to me while listening to Mr. Jones and hear at da beginning dey does sing “Sha la la la la la la...” like Morrison sings in Brown Eyed Girl.



@patchdacat
Well done to my little friend Clapton on winning with “Mr Jones” by The Counting Crows. A crow is a black bird. So I chooses “Blackbird” by The Beatles as my linky.




@rosieterrier
Your dad did make an excellent choicey last week. Hmmm, Counting Crows..... I do believe Avery Millard Powers III ( love dat name) is their bass player. He used to be in a band called The Semantics with Zak Starkey, son of Beatles drummer Ringo Starr. Therefore: this week I choo choo choose 'I am the Walrus' aka 'I am the Terrier' by The Beatles.




@diamondbertie
A lot of head scratching went on here, the winner last week was Mr Jones by The Counting Crows, I never heard it before so I had to listen to it many times. It was really a song of loneliness and longing. So here goes I offer Simon and Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence a beautiful song about longing and loneliness.



@wonderwinger
Clever paws Clapton last week gave us The Counting Crows so I thought I'd stick with the bird theme. I give you the Crow Sheryl who sang backing vocals on the Counting Crows song: American Girls. The song I've chosen is the hit that brought her global recognition "All I Wanna Do". Hit it Sheryl!




@djladylexie
Counting Crows – Mr Jones did win last week and we takin or inspriatins from da line Mr Jones strikes up a conversation with a black haired flamenco dancer who dus be Spanish!They also sometimes known as Spanish Rose coz they are bootiful and sexy ladies! So here ma linky wot be Spanish Harlem – Ben E King . So dat wot I choosed!




Clapton said this:

Oh what a lot of lovely choices everyone has made for this week's chain….it has been very hard to choose only ONE winner….in fact it has been so hard that we have chosen two winners! Linky numbers 2 and 10 are both for Sound of Silence by Paul Simon….and even though link number 2 is a version by Leonard Cohen we think it is fantastic and so we cannot choose which version should be the winner. I hope that is Ok and there is no paw fighting between the two clever players…..

So............. da winner dis week .... as chosen by @claptonterrier  ......................... dus be ................ @baxter_man and @diamondbertie. Woohoo!!! ! Two winners again, ow brilliant! Yay!! Well done to you boaf! Now you as to work it out togeva as to oo won!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Baxta an Bertie!!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 10 February 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment