Sunday 31 March 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Fifteenth Chain


Hello pals! Welcome to week 115 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner wos Tucker aka @bvfeyj wiv While My Guitar Gently Weeps George Harrison/Eric Clapton. So lets see wot we got dis week.



@skye613
Congrats to Tucker! Well done pal. Tucker says Eric Clapton has played with everybody.True dat! We know from winning linky that Eric was friends with George Harrison who was friends with some way cool other people , Bob Dylan, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison & Tom Petty, who formed the supergroup " The Traveling Wilburys " This group came togetherto record the B side for Harrison's " This is Love " single. Harrison had left his guitar at Petty's house & Petty returned with him to Dylan's home to join the group. The group went on to record " The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1 " at the home of Dave Stewart ( Eurythmics). Sincewe is all friends on Twitter my linky this week is " Tweeter & The Monkey Man" By the Traveling Wilburys.


@diamondbertie
Last weeks winner chosen by Tucker was George Harrison and Eric Clapton singing While My Guitar Gently Weeps, this was on of George Harrisons favourite songs another favourite of his is my choice for the link, My Sweet Lord.




@kelsoterrier
Great song last week. I was reading that George Harrison wrote the song after reading Chinese teachings about how everything is relative and therefore happens for a reason. Carrying on this theme my link for this week is Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be) by Doris Day.




@patchdacat
Last week Tucker worked hard on his entry & was rewarded by winning da chainy wiv “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” by George Harrison & Friends at the 1987 Princes Trust concert . In this live recording Elton John introduces them & plays the piano and Princess Dianna can be seen in the audience at the end of video clapping. When she was killed in the car crash there was much weeping and Elton John re- recorded his “Candle In The Wind” with new words as a tribute to her & performed it at her funeral. So my linky this week be the Princess Dianna Tribute version of “Candle In The Wind” by Elton John on the only time he sang it live.

@smcheetham
Hi Lexie and a Happy Easter to everyone that sends in chain entires, another week has sped by. I have taken as my Inspiration the word guitar from last weeks winning entry. The Guitar is one of my very favourite things and I have many guitar heroes. One of these is Johnny Marr from The Smiths one of the best bands ever so I have chosen This Charming Man by The Smiths.

@borderpup
Anyhoo, if I have got this right, we have to do link from George Harrison 'While my Guitar Gently Weeps'. Dis was a difficult one - is such a perfect song! So we was finking about the guitar ... the guitar Eric Clapton played on da record was a Gibson Les Paul, a famuss kind of guitar. So what other famuss solos were played on a Les Paul? We have chosen 'Hotel California' by The Eagles.




@djladylexie
His guitar weeped! Why? Well because it was a fender stratocaster, THE best electric guitar played by all the greats – George Harrison, Eric Clapton and of course, the MOST awesome guitar legend – Rory Gallagher. So I gives you Rory Gallagher on his Fender Strat playin Moonchild. Man his guitar ain't weeping .. It's ROCKIN!


@claptonterrier
We saw that mr Tucker chose While My Guitar Gently Weeps by George Harrison. He played a version of that song at a Princes Trust Concert in 1987 but had Mark King from Level 42 play the bass part because Paul McCartney was not available for the concert. 42, of course, is the answer to the meaning of life from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The theme tune to the radio and TV series of Hitchhikers was provided by The Eagles (Journey of the Sorcerer). So this week our link is Desperado by the Eagles….



@bunnerandharvs
So den dat Tucker is a cleva paw wot seems to be on a roll wif his winin and we did like his choicy about friends wot hung out and did sing and Georgy seemed to do dis alot. So our linky dus be wif another group he did sing wif cause dey was friends and just like us paws dey, wanted to hang out, play and sing togeva. Dey was called da 'Traveling Wilburys' and da songy we going wif is Handle With Care.



@chillibrambles
Last week's winnin linky was by While my Guitar Gently Weeps by George Harrison. In 2004 George Harrison was inducted into da Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, an dis song was played by Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood, Prince an some others. Tom Petty and da Heartbreakers were inducted into da Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in 2002, wot was also da year George Harrison died. Dis song is Learnin to Fly, wot be one of da best known songs so one of da ones dat got dem into Hall of Fame wiv GH.



@rosieterrier (wot is great linky for da songy of the week before)
Happy Eater furs (what d'ya mean I forgot the 's'?). Well done to Patchy on the win last week. This week my chainy dus link via one of me pals. The song 'Presence of The Lord' makes me think of Lord Percy the doggy. Bob Dylan sang a song for him called 'Percy's song'. Bob Dylan duetted wiv my favourite- Van Morrison on 'crazy Love'. This Easter Sunday I choose my favourite Van Morrison song 'You Don't Pull No Punches but you Don't Push the River' as my linky.


@maggietkat
Tucker won with George Harrison and Eric Clapton - While My Guitar Gentle Weeps. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! KruseKats LOVE Clapton! Anyway, Harrison and Clapton played that number at the Concert for Bangladesh. Among the headliners was Bob Dylan and According to the media, Dylan brought incredible excitement. so, here is my choice, A Hard Rain's a gonna Fall at the Concert for Bangladesh featuring Bob Dylan.



An ............. da winner dis week .... as chosen by @bvfeyj  du be ............. @kelsoterrier wiv Doris Day and Que Sera Sera! Yay!! Well done ma pal.

Ere wot Tucker said:

Okie, dokie! Me hab made choice! Me fink Linky No 3 Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be) by Doris Day
Me did notice dat whoeber did linky 11 is a week behind, so me did hab to eliminate dat one first, but after dat it was bery difficult. Boaf da Wilbury's links was strong contenders, as was  da Eagles. Also lubbed Rory Gallagher's guitar playing! But me did hab to choose so for Doris' 89th birfday (Apr. 3) me does gib her dis present! She has been active in rescue and co founder ob "Actors and Others for Animals" so dis in her honor! Fanks to you, luffly lady! 

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Kelso!!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 7 April 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment