Sunday 24 March 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Fourteenth Chain




Hello pals! Welcome to week 114 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner wos Patch aka @patchdacat wiv Presence of the Lord, Blind Faith. So lets see wot we got dis week.

@skye613
The winning link from @patchdacat ( Great Link! ) was " Presence of the Lord" from the super group Blind Faith and preformed by superstars Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood. Keeping the faith my link suggestion this week is " Jesus Christ Superstar " from the original Broadway production of the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar. 




@maggietkat
The clip from @patchdacat is at the Crossroads Guitar Festival put together by Clapton himself, Crossroads being the rehab center in Antigua that Clapton started. The Crossroads 2013 festival features a number of incredible hand picked guitarists, but the one that struck me is Robbie Robertson. Robbie along with Levon Helm were known as the Hawks, then to become The Band, backing up Bob Dylan. One of the charts composed by Robbie was "The Weight" (includes bibical references, following with Prescence of the Lord). Here is one version where Robbie plays his 1961 Gibson Double Mandolin





@diamondbertie
Last weeks winner was Eric Clapton and Steven Winwood the Prescence of the Lord. My choice this time my choice is George Frederick Handel's And The Glory Of The Lord from his great oratorio Messiah. This piece of music will I'm sure lift anyone's spirits. Why keeping thought that Easter is nearly upon us, we see on our TVs the enthronement of a new Pope and and New Arch Bishop of Canterbury.




@smcheetham
Hi Lexie and another good week on the chain for last week. Last weeks winner was in the Presence of the Lord suggested by patchdacat. As often I use one word from last weeks song title to chose this weeks suggestion. I have used the word Lord this week to lead me to Hey Lord Don't Ask me Questions by Graham Parker and the Rumour who were one of my favourite bands back in the day so that's my suggestion. Good luck everyone.



@djladylexie
I keep finking presence of the lord .. And all the music makes us finkin of dancing a gift some might say, from God. So I keep finking Lord of the Dance — dance then wherever you may be, I am the lord of the dance said he. What better way to show how wonderful is the gift of the dance than Riverdance – Lord of the Dance. Michael Flatley dances it for us ere: tap tap tappity tap.





@bvfeyj
Dis was long way ‘round to get to dis linky. @patchdacat did gib us brilliant link “Presence of the Lord” by Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood. Dis was written by Clapton and performed when he was wif Blind Faith wif Steve Winwood. After Blind Faith broke up Clapton played wif some uvver bands including Delaney & Bonnie and Friends. Delaney & Bonnie had been opening act for Blind Faith and became friends wif Clapton. Me was finking about musicians who is friends and who does play together and all dat and finking me could link dat way (maybe to Delaney & Bonnie?) but den me did fink dat after all Clapton played wif just about eberybody who was anybody at one time or uvver and me did fink about da friendship ob Clapton and George Harrison... dey was not only friends and did play together, but dey was boaf married to da same woman! (though not at da same time BOL) So... long story eben longer me did choose “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” by George Harrison and Eric Clapton. Eric Clapton played guitar on da Beatles’ recording ob “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” along wif George Harrison and me link is a live performance dey did after Pattie Boyd had divorced George and married Eric though this was not long before she left Eric as well. 




@rettetkaninchen
Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin. Last weeks song was about the Lord's presence and Janis talks in her song to him. So the Lord is my linky.




And ............. da winner dis week .... as chosen by @patchdacat  du be ............. @bvfeyj (Tucker) wiv George Harrison and Eric Clapton - While My Guitar Gentle Weeps! Yay!! Well done ma pal.

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Tucker!!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 31 March 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment