Monday 11 March 2013

Lexie's Chain: The Hundred and Twelfth Chain





Hello pals! Welcome to week 112 of #lexieschain. Last week the winner wos Maggie aka @maggietkat wiv Shake Your Tail Feather by Ray Charles. So lets see wot we got dis week. 

@djladylexie
This song famously appeared in Blue Brothers. One half of blues brothers was John Belushi who was also in Animal House, another movie with a great soundtrack. So, I chooses a song from the movie, sung by John Belushi - Money (That's What I Want) in the movie.




@rettetkaninchen
What rhymes with "Shake a Tail Feather"? - "Hand me my leather!" So my suggestion for this week is Tori Amos with "Leather". 




@diamondbertie
I have an instant spontaneous idea for this weeks chain. Last weeks' winner chosen by @maggietkat was Shake a Tail Feather sung by Ray Charles in the great film Blues Brothers. I had to choose Minnie The Moocher sung by Cab Calloway also in the that film.



@skye613
Last weeks winning link from @maggietkat was " Shake Your Tail Feather " Great link and congrats but link left me shaking ma head. Where to go ... Ah to much shaking heads & tail feathers may lead to crying. My link suggestion this week is " When Doves Cry" Kris Allen.




@bvfeyj
Me hab a quandry dis week to picky mines linky cuz me gots two excellent choices and not knows which one to submit, but me at last decides on dis one. We knows @maggietkat (yay! welcome back!) did win wif "Shake a Tail Feather" as sung by Ray Charles and the Blues Brothers in da 1980 Blues Brothers moobie. Da original "Shake a Tail Feather" was sung by The Five Du-Tones in 1963 and dey was a Chicago blues band like da Blues Brothers. Me does choose da original version ob anuvver song featured in da Blues Brothers moobie. Dis group was formed in dat same year (1963), but far away from da Chicago blues scene. One ob my ancestors (well, dat is, he is Welsh) formed dis band and dey released dis song in 1966. Dis is da Spencer Davis Group wif “Gimme Some Lovin'”. (You got to hear Steve Winwood and dat Hammond organ wail! Woof-hoo!)




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie. Last week, we saw that @maggiekat won with Shake A Tail Feather….tail feathers are what birds have to help with display abut more importantly to help with flying….I am only a dog so I can't fly but i sure would love to learn. So this week I am choosing "Learning to Fly" by Tom Petty…




@bunnersandharvs
Well dun Maggie fur da linky last week. You so cleva *wynks* Now then Mum dus think dem Blues Brothers was veree silly so we going on wid dem cause dey was always getting a crowd mooving and a groovin so our linky dis week dus beThe Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody to Love. Why cause we dus need somebody to love and you dus need to shake dat paw. 




@smcheetham
Well done Maggiekat for last week. I am afraid I have been a bit rushed this week but still wanted to join in. Mine therefore is a very simple link. It uses the word Shake from last weeks winner. That takes me to Shake Rattle and Roll by Bill Hailey one of the first rock and roll hits that led to so much great music that we all love. Good luck everyone.




@rosieterrier
I just has a small chain dis week wiv only one linky. Congrats last week on 'Shake a tail feather'. I choose 'Hey Ya' by Outkast as one of the lyrics be "shake, it like a Polaroid picture... Hey Yaaaa" *dances off into the sunset-well, snow!*



@patchdacat
Last week winning linky was by Blues brothers so I choose to stay with the blue theme and choose a linky by The Moody Blues “Go Now”.




@millie_t_dog
Last week's winner" Shake a Tail Feather" sung by Ray Charles and the Blues Brothers in 1980, was a cracking song, humum is still boogieing around the house! Since then I've been applying my doggy brain to fink of my linky.

The song calls for peoples to do a variety of dances which were popular in the 1960s, the mashed potato, the bony morony and the boogaloo, but one dance caught my eye .... the frug.What the dog is that??? According to the boffins, the Frug was a dance craze from the 1960s that evolved from another dance of the era, the Chicken. In other words, it's a dance which doesn't involve much leg movement but lots of waving the arms about. Humans are truly weird!!!

Appawrently a perfect example of a Frug is found in the movie Sweet Charity, but this is a song linky chain, not a movie one. So instead I gives you "Rain on Your Parade" by Duffy as the video also features this dance.




@wonderwinger
Hurrah for Maggie giving us the superb Blues Brothers with Shake a Tail Feather. The Blues Brothers first single was the Sam & Dave 1967 song: Soul Man. This song was also covered by Lou Reed with Sam Moore for the comedy film: Soul Man.
Lou Reed was best known as the frontman for The Velvet Underground. Their first single & my linky was All Tomorrow's Parties.




@kelsoterrier
ohhh, I liked the dancy link last week and what a great video. Dancing and shaking (a tail feather) immediately brought to mind the dance craze sweeping the globe just now wot be The Harlem Shake. Some very funny videos on YouTube with people jumping about crazy doing the Harlem Shake like they're on fire & trying to put it out. So how about a very famous and talented singer from Harlem for my link? What about Alicia Keys singing Girl On Fire wot is what some of them Harlem Shakers looked like they were? Ok then, go on, that's my link.



And ............. da winner dis week .... as chosen by @maggietkat  due be ................
@bvfeyj (Tucker) wiv Gimme Some Lovin'! Yay!! Well done ma pal. It has been a while since we seen you ad a win!

Now is time to get your finkin caps on an send me (find out how on da guidelines page fing) the next link in the chain. Da winner dis week dus be pickin da winner next week and dat means you Tucker!!

It's over to you! Email me: lexie at toxicpenguin dot com or DM me on twitter (@dogstoyevsky) wiv your link suggestion followin on from dis one! You has until noon (GMT) Sunday 17 March 2013 (gots to get it to me by 2pm UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title!  

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment